Thursday, May 7, 2009

Uknown Soldier

because I took a chance
the good news for everyone is
one pure thought:
a heavy ghost made in the dark.

strugglers,
I am laying flat on my back,
the concrete's cold,
my brain is falling back into place.
Night gets nasty and depressing,
like people. And the only thing left to shine
is the black under my eyes.



*This is just a topic/idea I've been toying with. Desperation, disconcert, things falling into/out of place, vulnerability, blind faith, lost wisdom. I'm trying to re-discover a tangible world, with tangible people, and pure thoughts. People risking reputations and not caring about the results. How it feels to go through a whirlwind to get where you are and have tons of ideas but still feeling aimless. How you come out of that fight with a black eye and sore ribs but a new outlook on how simple everything can be. Addressing the obvious but running with mysterious intentions, however good or bad they may really be.



thanks to all
jp rebello

1 comment:

Art Official Prophets said...

Firstly I love how you address everyone as "strugglers," I thought that was really great, a memo to everyone trying to make it through each day. I like this little piece a lot, even if it's just a representation of an idea or topic. Every line in the second stanza is great....my brain is falling back into place...haha i've had that sensation before. We gotta get together for the wino table soon.

kt