Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Apparently No One Has A Mind Of Their Own!

So, I figured I'd catch attention with a post title that had some aggression behind, people seem to respond most when they're being called out, but this is not a direct diss at anyone, rather, its a direct diss to everyone. This is a blog thats been (wrongly) assigned the distinction of a commune. The word commune has a significant root within it that applies to the word community, which I hoped this would be. But even more importantly it shares a significant root with the word communication. This is what this blog was created for. Its intention was to be an outlet for like-minded, creative individuals who would share the projects and thoughts they were working on and harboring. I am in no way disappointed in the way this blog has turned out. There's really been great response to it in terms of posting, however, there is minimal comments, communication, and interaction between the poster and the commenters. In other words, there is no one commenting on shit. I mean, I posted a video of a man shot in the head by a police officer while being handcuffed, subdued, and corporative, and in plain sight of the public, and no one has said a damn thing! This blog was created with the intention to share with others, but there needs to be a response, otherwise this blog will fail. If people post things and no one comments then it seems as though they are posting to no purpose, it's unfortunate. We are all opinionated individuals who usually have a lot to say, why do those ideas/thoughts/statements not make there way to the comments section of this blog?  I've gotten a great response from a lot of different people who say they like what WE are doing with this blog, why can't that response/interest be expressed through this blog, as opposed to being addressed in conversation (though I'll never turn down a compliment in public) ? The way I like to think of it is this, if a friend came to you in person and showed you something they've been working on, would you sit silent and not respond? I really don't think that's the case. This is a blog that will strive on the exchange of ideas, not simply the presentation. This is a humble plea, respond and respect! 

KTHACK

3 comments:

themanwiththeplan said...

I couldn't agree more with kyle. Yes, we all understand that hard times are in fashion but we should all stay interconnected. I have a ton of work I'd really like people to look at and tear apart but I really do feel the way kyle has put it: "Why keep posting if people are merely looking at it then closing out the window to go explore some other vast territory within the internet?" Maybe it will be helpful to think of it as each time you visit this page think of something to say, don't just browse and exit. Put in your two cents! Let the words fly! Unstitch those mouths, thaw out those fingers! Props to kyle for keeping us all in check.

themanwiththeplan said...

maybe people are being a tad lazy for that I am guilty. I am appreciative of the art that is on here , I shall contribute mas. -theresa

peace_frog said...

aggressive motivating