Friday, March 13, 2009

all things are delicately interconnected

so this is my recent class assignment where we had to take a "truism" written by Jenny Holzer (we had to pick from a list of like 200) I chose the post title, because i love stories where people and characters are connected in some way: Magnolia, slacker, waking life, snatch and lock, stock etc. Anyway, as far as critiquing goes feel free, just keep in mind that this was a class assignment and i did not put everything i could into it, seeing that i waited to the last minute to film it, but it came out decent, the story came across well but ...whatever i got an A and my teacher loved it





p.s. the script will be finished by sunday
p.s.s. its fucking ridiculous

5 comments:

themanwiththeplan said...

Paul, this is a really cool concept and i'd love to read the script. I especially like the german shepard and the dead bird, amongst other things. Call me up soon so we can collab some music or scripts or chilling. Did that blue ass coffee shop really allow you to record in their place or was that a hidden narc cam? Wowwwa wee wahh

Roz said...

oh yea, this is so tight. the best perspective belongs to the dog.
yoo JP, i was that blue state coffee hookup bro.

roz

Art Official Prophets said...

Yeah that was really good Paul. I'm glad I got to see it where it actually flowed well and wasn't all choppy like when we watched it on Sam's computer. The dog and dead bird part were my favorite as well. Also, that aphorism post I made a few weeks back, for that assignment we looked at that looooong Jenny Holzer list of truisms in my class, so things really delicately interconnected. It definitely seems like you're a regular Roman Polansky with the camera (mainly cuz you're a perv and so is he) but yeah I really look forward to this upcoming feature film you're doing this week. Send that script over to me as well so I can show it to the fellas and they can get there line memorization on like donkey kong, ya smeeelll me??!!?

KT

peace_frog said...

very cool idea paul. i liked the up close face shots you really got a sense of interaction personal space invasion. i liked the effect you had on too it went well with the theme of interconnectedness. i liked how there were no defined lines and things just blended and blurred at the edges. did you consider adding any music to it or did you want the everyday sounds and hubub?

dr said...

look it's me! nice job buddy... we should do some short films paul meddy. i need to make some to finish palombo's class anyway so get in touch if you read this!