Friday, March 13, 2009

summer plans

what's up everyone, i was reading the paper this week and found out that lollapalooza early bird tickets go on sale tuesday march 31. I think they're around $175, pretty steep but probably worth it, considering last year's headliners were Kanye West, Radiohead, RATM, Wilco, Iron&Wine, Black Keys, the list goes on. The lineup hasn't been announced yet, which is why they do the early bird tickets but I'm hoping it will be just as good. The date's are August 7th-9th. The show is in a huge park here in downtown Chicago but you can't camp out like most festivals. Seeing as how I'll be here in the summer to take some classes, I think it would be a cool idea if anyone wanted to road trip out here, see some good bands, have a place to stay, and just see something new. It's still pretty far away but if anyone thinks they might be interested in coming out here, let me know.

-peace

Andrew

2 comments:

Roz said...

i would absolutely love to something such as this. although i would obviously really like to know who is playing (as in, is radiohead playing again?!) plus, i've always wanted to book it to chicago, so much good music comes from there.

roz

Art Official Prophets said...

I'd definitely like to go to lollapalooza if not for the music then just to see chi town. I probably have to wait till I start working in the summer until I can drop that amount of loot on something but definitely count me in to go.

kt