Friday, December 5, 2008

House in my head, blueprints never finished


She said to me, “you’re a sweetheart.”

Such commentary brought to mind the epitome of my being:

an admittance of the name given to me at birth,

and the other quite fortunate characteristics

that make up my tissue and spirit

a wandering mind, spine and sensory

a house in my head, blueprints never finished

A man and a heart,

sometimes a voice —what a sad sad sad sad miserable fed-up excuse

for a twenty-two year old apparition.



What a life I lead in the breeze scrambled shade

What a life I lead in your eyes of no fire

What a life I lead in you car driving nowhere again

the conduit

the alleyway

the shadow

the path;

the bed,

the bench,

the grave.



Yet, nobody seems to recognize it—

It’s the misery that comes with being an earthbound ghost.

It’s the melancholy that comes with the blue pen touching blue paper.

I will still rummage around the rubbish

of a crooked world, upside down

for memories of a sinking ship.




-jon paul

2 comments:

Art Official Prophets said...

I really liked that poem a lot, very good stuff.
- Kyle

Art Official Prophets said...

I like the opening of "she said to me..." It reminded me of something I had wanted to set out and try to do with poems that were set in relation to a conversation, whether set inside it, dealing with moments between the back and forth response binary of a conversation or set before or after a conversation. In tune with that I wanted to try to have the stanza's of a single poem be in conversation with one another, which would be a good way to set opposing thoughts and conflicting ideas in the course of a poem, as a discussion and potentially as a dialectic. I dig the poem a lot though man, is it recently written? It's renewed a want to collaborate with you more often, maybe we could take the idea of a conversational/dialectic poem to a further point and have it be a conversation between two writers, who knows. Holla at ya boy.
-
K Thack