Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Welcome to the Ghost Parade

I
run and run from the wolves, but they catch me
eyes wide,
teeth bared,
like a witchy woman ready to vex me

and the snow and the rain when they mix
breathe an icey cold sermon
softly down my neck

despite all the times that i cry for my justice
across all the black rivers that we wade
like melted wax flows dripping off a platter,
the water puddles into words on a page

lost souls fly through the mist in an instant
and rise off the ripples, still far from existence
with persistence they say

all hands now
hold the handle,
dig the hole deeper with the golden spade,
till you're old and gray,
and you fall in what you made and the hole's your grave
and you're never coming back, hope you enjoyed your stay
nothing but sunny days
baby, welcome to the ghost parade

md

No comments: